Autor Thema: Gillian Interview  (Gelesen 4930 mal)

Offline MorningNightandDay

• WFTSC
  • Dankeschön: 124 mal
  • touching from a distance
Gillian Interview
« am: 23. November 2011, 21:49:59 »
Hier das Interview mit Gillian,das es auch bei NOOL gibt, aus Brasilien über New Order und Ihre Krebserkrankung.

She's talking to a lot of Brazilian sites & papers promoting the gig in São Paulo.

Most is not news to people here, but on this one she talks about her health (and her daughter's), Hooky and mentions they have 30 songs rehearsed (a few JD ones). And they are going to Australia, apparently.

Earth - You are one of the main attractions of an electronic music festival alongside DJs such as Swedish House Mafia and 2manydjs. How do you see embedded in an event like this?
Gillian Gilbert - I do not know actually! (Laughs) I think it will be very different because I do not know if I've touched on something like this. I can not wait to actually see other groups.

Earth - How to play in Brazil after so many years?
Gillian Gilbert - It's really good to play with the band. The last time I was there, just remember that the audience surprised me so much excitement, so it'll be great to be back.

Earth - And it's like being back in the band after 10 years. Why are you back?
Gillian Gilbert - I think because it was the right time. I left the band because I have two girls and the youngest is transverse myelitis. She took great care, so I decided to stay home. In 2007 I had breast cancer and when I recovered I was invited to return to the New Order. I thought 'this is a great opportunity and I really have missed them, I miss being in the band.' She is a big part of our lives and when we came back to be tested was amazing. If we do not do it now would not do anymore. And it was a great cause because we were helping to raise funds to help our friend Michael Shamberg, who had cancer.

Earth - And why after these benefit concerts in Paris you decide to do more shows?
Gillian Gilbert - I think we returned because we enjoyed very much. We played well and had a good time on stage. So we received the offer to play in Brazil and we say yes. We thought of going to places that we will not long ago and we wanted to come back. We decided that while we would still be fun, because we're not doing many things we are more selective.

Earth - and how their daughters are giving with his back to the band?
Gillian Gilbert - In the beginning they were not interested, but now they are 'Mom is on YouTube!' take a vacation and want us to go to Australia to see the Vombatidae (Wombats in English). The oldest is 16 and the youngest 12, and she is well today.

Earth - And how is your health today?
Gillian Gilbert - I'm fine now, four years I have been recovering gradually and this was the first year that I felt really good, because I had many problems. But now I feel much more positive and made me rejoin the band very well.

Earth - Touching the UMF Brazil you feel more a rock or electronic music?
Gillian Gilbert - Well, I think we're a bit of both. We played a lot of electronic instruments and now we have a new set of devices, in which we are giving a rejuvenated the old songs. It will be a little different, but we're keeping the same spirit as before.

Earth - And what are you preparing for the repertory?
Gillian Gilbert - What we have are 30 songs, but do not know if we're playing more than 10. But there are songs that have not played for years and will be very exciting. (Laughs)

Earth - interlocking And how are you?
Gillian Gilbert - We are very good. My sister said this is the best formation of the New Order and we sent well in Paris. So we're very excited and it was a relief to play well in those early shows.

Earth - Peter Hook was here in Brazil only recently playing Joy Division. You think they should play or miss playing Joy Division?
Gillian Gilbert - We always played Joy Division. Only later, when I was no longer in the band that they stopped playing because Stephen said he would not do that anymore. But we do it again later.

Earth - So you're playing Joy Division?
Gillian Gilbert - I do not know whether or not I should tell you that! (Laughs) But yes, we should play some music. In all our history, we will play songs we have not played for years, so will probably be amazing.

Earth - You are in the process of releasing Lost Sirens, who are Bs sides of Waiting for the Siren's Call to. This is the work of you or Peter Hook?
Gillian Gilbert - Oh, yes, the songs lost. I was not involved in this album, but they always thought of releasing the songs left over, I was just waiting for permission from Peter.

Earth - And it was hard to get this permission?
Gillian Gilbert - It's been very difficult right now because it has a lot going on behind the scenes on the copyright, but the idea is to release it.

Earth - And when you want to do it?
Gillian Gilbert - I think it is to be released at Christmas, but I do not know if it will still delayed.

Earth - Why Peter Hook was not invited to join the band?
Gillian Gilbert - Well, he was doing a lot of touring at the time and we think he did not seem interested in returning. Then we met only three of us, well, five of us, with Phil (Cunningham) and Tom (Chapman) on bass.

Earth - Then you went to talk to him to see if he was interested in returning to the band?
Gillian Gilbert - No, we did not talk to him long ago. There's a battle going on since the separation, I think in 2007, and we have spoken only by lawyers. He is not happy and did not want to join us anyway.

Earth - And what are the next plans?
Gillian Gilbert - We will do more festivals, we are going to Australia. We're not thinking about recording, we're just enjoying it now
a