Autor Thema: Freebass - Der letzte Vorhang  (Gelesen 15280 mal)

Offline confusion

• WFTSC
  • Dankeschön: 119 mal
    • European News Agency
Freebass - Der letzte Vorhang
« am: 09. September 2010, 14:42:12 »
Über seinen Twitteraccount hat Gary „Mani“ Mounfield (Stone Roses, Primal Scream, Freebass)  persönliche Angriffe gegen Band-Kollege Peter Hook (Joy Division, New Order, Freebass) erhoben, u.a. dass dieser versuchen würde, seine Taschen mit Ian Curtis' blutigem Geld voll zu machen. Diese und weitere Anschuldigungen können hier nachgelesen werden:

TWITTER FIGHT! Mani V Hooky

Zwischenzeitlich wurde auf der Freebass-Webseite die Auflösung wegen dieser Vorkommnisse bestätigt.

Zitat
It is with great sadness that just prior to the long awaited album release of “It’s A Beautiful Life” we have to announce that the much anticipated Mancunian union of bassists, Freebass, is no longer a functioning group.

Recent events have made Freebass entirely unviable as a band, and with this in mind, it has been decided that the project should be shelved, rather than placed on hiatus while members pursue their other interests.

The band would like to take the opportunity to thanks friends and fans for their support and interest, especially on the UK tour in June 2010. We also hope that people will enjoy the album, which concludes five years of work and treat it on its own merits.

No third parties were involved or harmed in the break up.

freebassuk.com
« Letzte Änderung: 09. September 2010, 17:50:55 von confusion »

Offline confusion

• WFTSC
    • European News Agency
Antw:Freebass - Der letzte Vorhang
« Antwort #1 am: 09. September 2010, 16:37:38 »
Hooky passiert letztendlich das, was er mit Bernard Sumner bzw. New Order gemacht hat. Sein Image ist erstmal stark beschädigt.

Offline Trigan

• Bereit machen
  • Dankeschön: 59 mal
  • but how much do you need?
End of the Mancunian Union of Bassists
« Antwort #2 am: 10. September 2010, 00:00:10 »
End of the Mancunian Union of Bassists
9 September 2010, 8:12 pm

An official Freebass statement reads:

"It is with great sadness that just prior to the long awaited album release of It's A Beautiful Life we have to announce that the much anticipated Mancunian union of bassists, Freebass, is no longer a functioning group.

"Recent events have made Freebass entirely unviable as a band, and with this in mind, it has been decided that the project should be shelved, rather than placed on hiatus while members pursue their other interests.

"The band would like to take the opportunity to thanks friends and fans for their support and interest, especially on the UK tour in June 2010. We also hope that people will enjoy the album, which concludes five years of work and treat it on its own merits.

"No third parties were involved or harmed in the break up."

The announcement follows Andy Rourke leaving the group earlier in August and Mani's recent comments on Twitter.

: Cerysmatic Factory

Offline ニュー・オーダー

• ブルー・マンデー (ニュー・オーダーの曲)
  • WFTSC
  • Dankeschön: 162 mal
  • ブルー・マンデー (ニュー・オーダーの曲)
Antw:End of the Mancunian Union of Bassists
« Antwort #3 am: 10. September 2010, 00:27:54 »
Da sach ich doch mal "Tach"  :wave:

Offline MorningNightandDay

• WFTSC
  • Dankeschön: 124 mal
  • touching from a distance
Antw:End of the Mancunian Union of Bassists
« Antwort #4 am: 10. September 2010, 00:45:18 »
Naja noch ein Bischen The Light und dann gibts 2011 wieder NEW ORDER.
a

Offline confusion

• WFTSC
    • European News Agency
« Antwort #5 am: 10. September 2010, 01:00:57 »
Bezüglich der Nostalgiesache gebe ich Mani recht.  Unknown Pleasures by the Light braucht eigentlich niemand. Ansonsten scheint Mani ziemlich frustriert zu sein, sonst hätte er nicht diesen Weg gewählt und solche Formulierungen gewählt. Eine Reunion von New Order sehe ich eigentlich nicht. Bad Lieutenant konnten auf den beiden großen Festivals, auf denen sie gespielt haben, überzeugen und werden bestimmt im nächsten mehr Festivals spielen und ihren Bekanntheitsgrad steigern können.

Offline ニュー・オーダー

• ブルー・マンデー (ニュー・オーダーの曲)
  • WFTSC
  • Dankeschön: 162 mal
  • ブルー・マンデー (ニュー・オーダーの曲)
« Antwort #6 am: 10. September 2010, 12:47:58 »
Hey... noch nicht bemerkt... der Trigan ist wieder da... 3 Posts weiter oben !!!

Offline MorningNightandDay

• WFTSC
  • Dankeschön: 124 mal
  • touching from a distance
« Antwort #7 am: 10. September 2010, 13:06:48 »
Das ist ein Feeder...
a

Offline confusion

• WFTSC
    • European News Agency
« Antwort #8 am: 10. September 2010, 13:21:54 »

Offline confusion

• WFTSC
    • European News Agency
Peter Hook kommentiert Freebass-Split
« Antwort #9 am: 11. September 2010, 11:15:03 »
Hooky's Antwort @ Yorkshire Evening Post

Zitat
Yesterday Hook told the YEP he was baffled by Mounfield's outbursts. "I don't know what's brought it on unless someone's kidnapped his phone and is playing a cruel gag," he said.  He'd been unable to contact Mounfield but suspected "the problem" was connected to a number of offers he had received to perform the Joy Division album Unknown Pleasures in its entirety.  "It's interesting to get this criticism from Mani when he's doing (a live revival of the 1991 Primal Scream album] Screamadelica himself," he said.  "I'm very proud of the Freebass album," he added. "Playing Unknown Pleasures I'm very proud of. I've got nothing to complain about." Mounfield's comments had been "an unfortunate bit of timing" with the record, which had taken five years to complete, so close to release but, he reflected: "When you have people like Mani and Rourkey (in a band] you're going to have a volatile mix.  "It's like siphoning petrol – sometimes it can blow up in your face."

Ganzer Artikel: YEP

Offline confusion

• WFTSC
    • European News Agency
Mani und Hooky haben sich wieder lieb
« Antwort #10 am: 13. September 2010, 15:52:01 »
Laut Cerysmaticfactory hat Mani sich bei Peter Hook entschuldigt und beide bleiben Freunde.  :)

Mani today apologised to Peter Hook regarding his recent comments on Twitter:

"I wish to apologise unreservedly to Peter Hook and his family regarding comments made on a social networking site which was totally out of character for me. It was a venomous, spiteful reaction to a lot of things that are going on in my life right now and I chose to vent my frustrations and anger at one of my true friends in this filthy business, and ventured into territory which was none of my concern. The Freebass thing has tipped me over the edge and became the focus of my bilious rants. Twenty two years of being tripped up, face down in the mud and being kicked in the face with an iron boot will do that to the most stable of men. I hope I haven't blown a great friendship forever. Sorry Pete."

"In a funny way my outburst might make want people want to check the record out. I'm proud of what we achieved really. It's not often bass players get to step out of the shadows and create something from scratch, and between us we've managed it. A bumpy ride but we got there..... give it a listen."

"I hope I'm not turning into a bitter and twisted old rocker, that's not what I'm about as anybody who knows the real me will be happy to confirm."

Gary "Mani" Mounfield, September 2010

"Mani is a great friend of mine and he always will be. I have the utmost respect for him as a person and musician. Have none of you ever fallen out with somebody you love. Hooky."

Peter Hook, September 2010

Offline Figurehead

• Substanz
« Antwort #11 am: 13. September 2010, 16:01:30 »
Ist auch eine Art von PR  ;)
a

Offline confusion

• WFTSC
    • European News Agency
« Antwort #12 am: 13. September 2010, 16:49:43 »
Ist auch eine Art von PR  ;)

Ja, zwar wohl eher unbeabsichtigt, aber effektiv.

Offline Figurehead

• Substanz
« Antwort #13 am: 13. September 2010, 16:59:38 »
zwar wohl eher unbeabsichtigt
bist du dir sicher?  ;)
a

Offline confusion

• WFTSC
    • European News Agency
« Antwort #14 am: 13. September 2010, 17:06:27 »
bist du dir sicher?  ;)

So verzweifelt werden Sie nicht sein, um so eine Aktion zur Promotion zu starten. Dann wäre es eleganter gewesen, zu behaupten, dass Mani's Account gehackt wurde.