Verlinkte Ereignisse

• New Order UK Tour 2012: 26. April 2012 - 05. Mai 2012

Autor Thema: New Order UK Tour 2012  (Gelesen 60066 mal)

Offline confusion

• WFTSC
  • Dankeschön: 119 mal
    • European News Agency
Re: New Order UK Tour 2012
« Antwort #135 am: 09. Mai 2012, 21:33:20 »
Das ist halt jetzt so, dass ein quasi Greatest Hits-Set gespielt wird. Wieso ein Konzert für sich betrachtet, halt schlechter sein soll, nur weil eine ähnliche Setlist am Abend zuvor gespielt wurde, kann ich nicht nachvollziehen.

Offline MorningNightandDay

• WFTSC
  • Dankeschön: 124 mal
  • touching from a distance
« Antwort #136 am: 09. Mai 2012, 21:48:25 »
Ich fande den 2. Apollo Gig und den 1. Brixton Gig am Besten.(Vom Sound und Performance jetzt gesehen).Birmingham war halt cool,weil die Location und Stage viel kleiner also intimer war.Beim 2 Brixton Gig könnten Lordsy und ich ganz Vorne stehen und konnten uns voll auf den Gig konzentrieren und hatten einfach etwas mehr Platz und kaum Gedränge.
a

Offline confusion

• WFTSC
    • European News Agency
Diary of a New Order fan : day one of the UK tour
« Antwort #137 am: 10. Mai 2012, 16:28:18 »
by Alex Staszko - So New Order return home for the first of 2 nights at the Apollo and for the first night of aUK tour. This is my 122nd New Order gig and probably the one I remember the least! Whatfollows is a pasted together report of events from the cast of usual suspects.

New Orders hardcore following are called The Vikings, christened by long time New Order roadie Roger Lyons in an interview, with the name culled from the bands long time intro music.

The day started well with a few late afternoon pints in the Piccadilly Whetherspoons with theGerman Order. One of whome, Norbert is a six foot six architect and a semi legend on theManchester music scene,  (despite living in the German hamlet of w*nkum) holding thedubious record of being the first person to be thrown out of Hookys Factory club on theopening night because someone didnt like how tall he was!

We then moved on to the New Union which scared a few off and then on to Rain Bar, whichis where it all gets a bit hazy to say the least. I have no recollection of the gig or how mytrousers come to be completely covered in mud or why I woke up in a Welshmans hotel roomafter 4 hours sleep!

So to the gig, rather than have the same support act every night, the band have decided tohave different acts across the tour. Which for the people going to every gig  (I think thats justme and Mark) keeps it fresh. Tonights support is Barneys cohort in Bad Lieutenant, Jake Evans. Who was on fine form in his warm up show in Heaton Moor on Wednesday.

Jakes set is well received by the Apollo crowd tonight, he even throws in a couple of BadLieutenant songs.

From the opening bars of the instrumental Elegia to the closing crash of Love Will Tear UsApart, the band are well received. They now play with videos professionally accompanying the songs. Gone are the days of 35 minute shambolic gigs where the band were often more drunk than the audience. They look great on stage, with the returning Gillian Gilbert taking up Peter Hooks stage left position. Indeed Norbert says its the best hes seen them this year,and he did the Australian tour a couple of months back. The set is similar to the London gig they played at the tail end of last year, but with the addition of classic late single Here To Stay and Love Vigilantes.

By the time of the after show party Im so drunk, even the bands genial manager Andy can’tpersuade the bouncers to let me in! The next few hours are a little blank, I remember trying toget into fab northern quarter bar Gullivers at 2am and being told to fuck off quite rightly.There are photos of me with a great grin on my face asleep on Facebook so I must have had agood time. I think we left the Black Dog Ballroom at about 5am.

Quelle: louderthanwar.com
« Letzte Änderung: 10. Mai 2012, 16:33:27 von confusion »

Offline confusion

• WFTSC
    • European News Agency
Diary of a New Order fan : day 2 : Manchester Apollo
« Antwort #138 am: 10. Mai 2012, 16:32:52 »
by Alex Staszko - After the shenanigans of yesterday it's with a little disbelief that I have made it back to the pub for 2pm.

A few hardcore revellers make it to top Mancunian waterhole The Lass O’Gowrie. After trying to borrow some towels from behind the bar (not available due to health & safety reasons!) to reserve seats for the German Order, we dissect lastnight’s gig. It does seem however that I’m not the only one with alcohol fuelled amnesia. Indeed as the day goes on it seems that more than one person thinks my drink was spiked. I had a lot more to drink on the second night & was nowhere near as bad. Even the staff at the Apollo kept asking me if I was alright when I went in on the second night, and the woman on the ticket window seemed very concerned. The security guard at the mixing desk after the gig did say I was on more than drink the night before! Still it’s not stopped me partying away the next day.

The afternoon is spent trying to explain what a Yorkshire pudding is to a confused East German techno DJ, & oh yes, much more drinking. Food is consumed in The Pub (yes it is called that) & real ales quaffed in Sand Bar, before recamping to the Aspley cottage at the back of the Apollo. Many people arrive during the course of the day, at one point I work out that the first 10 of us to arrive have seen New Order 632 times between us!

Tonight has 2 supports, young up & coming band, Hot Vestry, that have Steve & Gillian’s daughter on keyboards. I only catch a song and half from the back of theroom, and they seemed pretty good, and the crowd warmed to them well.

Next up are Factory Floor who I’m really looking forward to seeing, and they don’t disappoint, they start with Two Different Ways, last year’s single, and segue this straight into 2 other tracks without stopping. I’ve always wanted to see someonedo this. I did comment on this to Hooky one time & he really liked the idea, but he thought I meant just do a gig with one song, lazy bastard! If you’ve not heard Factory Floor, they sound like Cabaret Voltaire at their best. They are absolutely stunning tonight & I can’t wait to see them again.

Later than last night, New Order hit the stage again to  Elegia, which doesn’t quite segue into Crystal as it has been doing. After the state I was in last night it’s a pleasure to actually watch the gig. It’s the same set as the night before I think, or maybe they didn’t do Waiting for the Sirens Call.

The visuals on the giant screen fit perfectly with the music & standout track tonight is a stunning version of 586, completely reprogrammed by Barney. My other favourite is Here To Stay (which is the only bit of the previous night I can remember) which is good but has a few mistakes in it tonight. They encore with Transmission & Love Will Tear Us Apart.

I had a quick nose in the aftershow party & completely missed seeing Nik from Factory Floor even though she was stood next to me! After a brief chat withSteve Morris who seems to know what state I was in the previous night, I head off back into the Aspley Cottage where one of the bar maids gives me the 2 Birmingham tickets my mate Ken unknowingly dropped in the pub several hours earlier! We then head off to Gullivers to wind up some young  pillock  In a Joy Division t shirt. After a strange conversation with Wags from Black Grape where I point out we both went to school with Timmy Mallett we head off to Dry Bar, where by about 4am there are only 2 of us left. Another good day was had by all, Next stop Birmingham.

• WFTSC
« Antwort #139 am: 10. Mai 2012, 16:36:24 »
by Alex Staszko - So New Order return home for the first of 2 nights at the Apollo and for the first night of aUK tour. This is my 122nd New Order gig and probably the one I remember the least! Whatfollows is a pasted together report of events from the cast of usual suspects.

New Orders hardcore following are called The Vikings, christened by long time New Order roadie Roger Lyons in an interview, with the name culled from the bands long time intro music.

The day started well with a few late afternoon pints in the Piccadilly Whetherspoons with theGerman Order. One of whome, Norbert is a six foot six architect and a semi legend on theManchester music scene,  (despite living in the German hamlet of w*nkum) holding thedubious record of being the first person to be thrown out of Hookys Factory club on theopening night because someone didnt like how tall he was!

We then moved on to the New Union which scared a few off and then on to Rain Bar, whichis where it all gets a bit hazy to say the least. I have no recollection of the gig or how mytrousers come to be completely covered in mud or why I woke up in a Welshmans hotel roomafter 4 hours sleep!

So to the gig, rather than have the same support act every night, the band have decided tohave different acts across the tour. Which for the people going to every gig  (I think thats justme and Mark) keeps it fresh. Tonights support is Barneys cohort in Bad Lieutenant, Jake Evans. Who was on fine form in his warm up show in Heaton Moor on Wednesday.

Jakes set is well received by the Apollo crowd tonight, he even throws in a couple of BadLieutenant songs.

From the opening bars of the instrumental Elegia to the closing crash of Love Will Tear UsApart, the band are well received. They now play with videos professionally accompanying the songs. Gone are the days of 35 minute shambolic gigs where the band were often more drunk than the audience. They look great on stage, with the returning Gillian Gilbert taking up Peter Hooks stage left position. Indeed Norbert says its the best hes seen them this year,and he did the Australian tour a couple of months back. The set is similar to the London gig they played at the tail end of last year, but with the addition of classic late single Here To Stay and Love Vigilantes.

By the time of the after show party Im so drunk, even the bands genial manager Andy can’tpersuade the bouncers to let me in! The next few hours are a little blank, I remember trying toget into fab northern quarter bar Gullivers at 2am and being told to fuck off quite rightly.There are photos of me with a great grin on my face asleep on Facebook so I must have had agood time. I think we left the Black Dog Ballroom at about 5am.

Ein typische Tag in England!!!
a

Offline confusion

• WFTSC
    • European News Agency
« Antwort #140 am: 10. Mai 2012, 16:51:27 »
Ein typischer Tag in England!!!

The afternoon is spent trying to explain what a Yorkshire pudding is to a confused East German techno DJ, & oh yes, much more drinking. ...

Na, ich hoffe aber, Du bist nicht jeden Tag "confused".  :)

• WFTSC
« Antwort #141 am: 11. Mai 2012, 17:24:24 »
Na, ich hoffe aber, Du bist nicht jeden Tag "confused".  :)

ist auch "confused" genug das ein Yorkshire Pudding ein Wrap ist!!!
a

• WFTSC
« Antwort #142 am: 20. Mai 2012, 20:08:53 »
kein Review,aber bei FB hab ich mal einige Bilder von der Tour angesammelt!
a