Autor Thema: chart attack: New Order Not Bothered By The Bravery  (Gelesen 9498 mal)

Offline confusion

• WFTSC
  • Dankeschön: 119 mal
    • European News Agency
chart attack: New Order Not Bothered By The Bravery
« am: 27. Juli 2005, 20:18:20 »
You could hardly blame Peter Hook if his blood boiled over from watching The Killers and The Bravery accuse each other of copycatting. After all, both bands — as well as countless others in the latest wave of dance-punk — have freely ripped off from a blueprint that he helped create in the '80s with New Order. But unlike Killers frontman Brandon Flowers, Hook takes no offense at hearing traces of his sound in the work of others.

"It doesn't really bother me. I mean, it's great. I've had a fantastic life, I've got a fantastic job with New Order. Am I going to worry about some bands sounding like us? The answer is no."

After more than a quarter-century in pop music, Hook has developed a veteran's laid-back perspective. He knows that no one can touch the legacy of either New Order or the band whose ashes it rose from, Joy Division, and so he's content to watch the newcomers battle it out in the media. He does acknowledge, however, that in his younger days, soundalike bands used to get his goat.

"I might have been a little annoyed when The Cure did it in the '80s with 'In Between Days' and things like that, but now I view it as a compliment. You know, for someone like The Killers to say they're inspired by you is fantastic in the same way that I told the Sex Pistols I was inspired by them."

It might be the first and last time The Killers are favourably compared to the Sex Pistols, but the bassist — "Hooky" to his friends — is full of genuine praise for the Las Vegas band. He's also happy to throw a bone to one of his musical descendants in the U.K.

"I think that Bloc Party record is a great record. You can tell that it comes from the heart, it comes from the soul, it comes from instruments. It doesn't come from a computer. And that, to me, is a beautiful thing when you can do that."

Hook feels New Order have done that with Waiting For The Siren's Call, and though he would've liked the new album to be "a lot rougher," he believes it's a worthy addition to the band's legendary canon. The experience of making it also gave him time to reflect on a storied career. "It wasn't until we started to work on this record that we realized we'd been doing it for 28 years. It was a shock."

If there is a secret to such longevity, Hook says he's blissfully unaware. "We are the worst people to publicize New Order. We don't do a thing and this thing just keeps going on. We're very lucky."

And the last thing he's going to do is discourage others from following in his rock star footsteps. "I highly recommend it, kids, if you can do it," he laughs. "Without a shadow of a doubt, it's a great job."

Quelle: chartattack

Offline ニュー・オーダー

• ブルー・マンデー (ニュー・オーダーの曲)
  • WFTSC
  • Dankeschön: 162 mal
  • ブルー・マンデー (ニュー・オーダーの曲)
Re: chart attack: New Order Not Bothered By The Bravery
« Antwort #1 am: 27. Juli 2005, 21:22:27 »
The Bravery finde ich total genial. Wird mit NewOrder verglichen, ist aber weit davon entfernt und trotzdem gut...

Barney (GermanOrder)

Offline confusion

• WFTSC
    • European News Agency
« Antwort #2 am: 27. Juli 2005, 21:28:43 »
The Bravery finde ich total genial. Wird mit NewOrder verglichen, ist aber weit davon entfernt und trotzdem gut...

Barney (GermanOrder)

Haben wir ja auch schon zweimal gesehen.   :beerchug:
Abgesehen davon hat sich Hooky im Interview nach Rock Werchter aber ganz anders über die geäußert.

Offline ニュー・オーダー

• ブルー・マンデー (ニュー・オーダーの曲)
  • WFTSC
  • ブルー・マンデー (ニュー・オーダーの曲)
« Antwort #3 am: 27. Juli 2005, 21:36:28 »
Haben wir ja auch schon zweimal gesehen. :beerchug:

Haben wir ?

Barney (GermanOrder)

Offline confusion

• WFTSC
    • European News Agency
« Antwort #4 am: 27. Juli 2005, 21:43:18 »
Haben wir ?

Barney (GermanOrder)

Als wir die Pizza gegessen haben, waren die im Hyde Park. Und in Werchter haben wir etwas beim Biertrinken mitbekommen.  ;D

Offline ニュー・オーダー

• ブルー・マンデー (ニュー・オーダーの曲)
  • WFTSC
  • ブルー・マンデー (ニュー・オーダーの曲)
« Antwort #5 am: 27. Juli 2005, 21:53:28 »
Als wir die Pizza gegessen haben, waren die im Hyde Park. Und in Werchter haben wir etwas beim Biertrinken mitbekommen. ;D

Ach ja, im Hyde Park kann ich mich noch gut daran erinnern... Werchter schwebt mir auch noch sowas vor ;-)
Ja, die waren echt gut...

Barney (GermanOrder)

Offline confusion

• WFTSC
    • European News Agency
« Antwort #6 am: 27. Juli 2005, 21:59:50 »
Ach ja, im Hyde Park kann ich mich noch gut daran erinnern... Werchter schwebt mir auch noch sowas vor ;-)
Ja, die waren echt gut...

Barney (GermanOrder)

Gut, daß Du etwas schneller warst als ich. Ich wollte gerade mein Statement bezüglich des Abstands der Pizzeria zum Hyde Park näher erläutern.  ;) Mit Werchter, das kann aber schon einmal vorkommen, schließlich war's ja auch Dein Geburtstag.

Offline ニュー・オーダー

• ブルー・マンデー (ニュー・オーダーの曲)
  • WFTSC
  • ブルー・マンデー (ニュー・オーダーの曲)
« Antwort #7 am: 27. Juli 2005, 22:19:43 »
Gut, daß Du etwas schneller warst als ich. Ich wollte gerade mein Statement bezüglich des Abstands der Pizzeria zum Hyde Park näher erläutern. ;)

Muss ja nicht jeder wissen ;)

Barney (GermanOrder)

Ruined in a day

• Gast
« Antwort #8 am: 28. Juli 2005, 08:12:27 »
...New Order or the band whose ashes it rose from, Joy Division...

Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Offline Jetstream

• Bruderschaft
  • Dankeschön: 1 mal
  • This twisted tenderness just leaves me cool.
    • new order
« Antwort #9 am: 31. Juli 2005, 11:31:42 »
The Bravery sind zwar nicht schlecht, aber ich finde die Killersum Meilen besser. Netter Bericht, thanks.
a

Offline ニュー・オーダー

• ブルー・マンデー (ニュー・オーダーの曲)
  • WFTSC
  • ブルー・マンデー (ニュー・オーダーの曲)
« Antwort #10 am: 31. Juli 2005, 20:14:08 »
Aber die "Editors" schlagen "The Bravery" und "The Killers" um längen !!!

Barney (GermanOrder)

Offline Jetstream

• Bruderschaft
  • Dankeschön: 1 mal
  • This twisted tenderness just leaves me cool.
    • new order
« Antwort #11 am: 01. August 2005, 13:14:08 »
Ich glaube, das ist eine relativ neue Band, oder?

Werde ich mal reinhören. Danke für den Tipp!
a

Offline Trigan

• Bereit machen
  • Dankeschön: 59 mal
  • but how much do you need?
« Antwort #12 am: 01. August 2005, 18:56:04 »
The Editors sind klasse! Nur zu empfehlen.