Autor Thema: Hook has good intentions to see Bad Lieutenant  (Gelesen 6654 mal)

Offline confusion

• WFTSC
  • Dankeschön: 119 mal
    • European News Agency
Hook has good intentions to see Bad Lieutenant
« am: 18. September 2009, 22:05:03 »
AN olive branch of sorts has been proffered by Peter Hook who says he'd be 'delighted' to go along and see former New Order band mate Bernard Sumner's new outfit, Bad Lieutenant, when they play the Ritz next month.

"I would like to see it, not out of any ambivalence, just genuinely out of interest," he says. "I have heard their stuff and it sounds alright to me.

"And there's always that macabre self-interest about what the bass player is going to be like. It would be dead funny if the bass player started playing and I was in front of him giving the thumbs up."

Meanwhile, Hooky tells me that his own music plans are gaining shape and that there will be an EP in the next few weeks from Freebass, the super group also boasting the services of former Smith Andy Rourke and Mani, the former Stone Rose now playing with Primal Scream.

Vocalists respectively on each of the four tracks will be Tim Burgess of The Charlatans, Pete Wylie of Livepool band The Mighty Wah, Haven singer Gary Briggs and Hooky.

Quelle: Manchester Evening News