Verlinkte Ereignisse

• David Nolan, Confusion (Buch): 01. September 2007

Autor Thema: David Nolan stellt Buch über Sumner vor  (Gelesen 8098 mal)

Offline confusion

• WFTSC
  • Dankeschön: 119 mal
    • European News Agency
David Nolan stellt Buch über Sumner vor
« am: 17. Juli 2007, 19:03:52 »
David Nolan stellt sein Buch im Rahmen einer Lesung, eines Live-Auftrittes der Cover-Band Transmission und eines DJ-Sets im Bull's Head, Market Square in Stockport am 1.9.2007 vor.

Weitere Infos in Englisch:
BERNARD SUMNER – CONFUSION: Joy Division, Electronic and New Order Versus the World by David Nolan
BOOK LAUNCH 1 SEPTEMBER 2007
Bull's Head, Market Square, Stockport.

£4 entry on the door. Numbers strictly limited – pre-booking advised.

Live music from TRANSMISSION (Warsaw set/Joy Division set) punk, post punk and dance DJ sets ... Book readings by author David Nolan – plus books for sale ... cheaper than the shops!
Get your copy signed.

IF YOU SEND AN EMAIL TO davidnolanwriter@hotmail.com WITH YOUR NAME AND HOW MANY PEOPLE YOU WANT IN – AND YOU ARRIVE BEFORE 8.30PM – YOU'LL GET AN EMAIL BACK AND BE GUARANTEED ENTRY. AFTER 8.30 IT'S FIRST COME FIRST SERVED.

8pm Doors
8.30pm Curfew for 'guest list' ... if you've registered your name you will get in if you are there before 8.30pm.
DJ
9.30pm 1st reading plus short 'Warsaw' set
10pm DJ
11pm 2nd short reading plus 'Joy Division' set
DJ
Close – LATE

Quelle: David Nolan
« Letzte Änderung: 01. September 2007, 19:33:48 von confusion »

Offline ceremony

• WFTSC
  • Dankeschön: 110 mal
Re: David Nolan stellt Buch über Sumner vor
« Antwort #1 am: 25. Juli 2007, 06:30:18 »
weitere infos:

Due date: Aug 30th 2007
Publisher Inependent Music Press
Paperback 240 pages
234mm x 156mm
ISBN:0-9552822-6-8 and 978-0-9552822-6-3
50 rare and unpublished photographs including 1 x 8 pp glossy b/w plates + 32 integrated pics
RRP £12.99

Author David Nolan

Book launch 1st September 2007 Bull's Head, Market Square, Stockport.

The first biography of one of the most influential - and secretive - musicians this country has produced, Confusion is the story of Bernard Sumner's life and times from the back streets of Lower Broughton to the high life of Buenos Airies, via Joy Division, The Hacienda, Electronic and New Order.

David wrote the acclaimed "I swear I Was There" book about the Sex Pistols Free Trade Hall Gig:

Update - press release July 2007:

Bernard Sumner has read the manuscript of David Nolan's new book 'Confusion' and decided to contribute to the biography.

He's added his thoughts and observations to David's text, put many previously private matters into context and had a right to reply on some of the more controversial aspects of the book.

David Nolan says: "Bernard Sumner has read this book; it was vital that he be allowed to respond to some of the issues raised, particularly the very personal ones.

"To his credit, Bernard took a great deal of time and care offering his thoughts on the manuscript. As a result, where I had initially made a mistake, I have corrected it. Where his version differed to someone else's, I've included both. Where Bernard offers insight into something I could only have guessed at, I have added it verbatim.

"Unofficial biographies often have the sense that the author has the freedom to write whatever he or she wants, but is hampered by a lack of insider knowledge. Official ones have the story straight from the horse's mouth, but sometimes with the suspicion that deals have been struck and harsher words censored. This is an odd mix of both and is all the better for it.

Good luck for the future Bernard. Your past has been a fascinating puzzle to piece together."

David Nolan
Manchester,
Summer 2007

For more info: www.myspace.com/davidnolanwriter

quelle:
http://www.joydiv.org/forth.htm#bernard